OK, one more question about sending email TO an old VAX

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Wed Feb 24 23:26:28 CST 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> My brain is cooked.  I left AU in the fall of 1991, no?  At that time I
> was pretty sure the 8650 was still in play.  I'm sure I would have
> remembered the Digital Road Crew showing up with a semi-trailer full of
> new hardware.

You have forgotten at least two deliveries of Digital hardware.  The 8820
was BIG! and it sat to the right of the 785.  The 8820 came with an HSC50
and a big pile of RA81s.  That is as far as my memory can go.

When and why was the 780 retired? I cannot remember at all.

> Are there any pictures remaining of us (me, Ross, Ronnie) nuking the
> 3B4K that night?  Campbell might be in there, too.  I lost my
> (re-)collection ages ago :-(

I remember those pictures but they seem to be lost (maybe AT&T had them
seized and burned).  I have never seen a machine more gleefully
dismembered then the 3B4000.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS   : "...underneath those
   Athabasca University				   : tuques we wear, our