Dumb Terminal games (was Re: Looking for a small fast VAX development machine)

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Tue Feb 23 12:41:08 CST 2016

From: Ethan Dicks
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:23 AM

> Zork (and anything else on a Zmachine)

Ethan,

You should know better.  Zork originated on a PDP-10 running ITS.  I first
encountered it on a TOPS-20 system, since the folks at the Dynamic Modeling
Lab ported their variant of Lisp to TENEX and TOPS-20.

It's publicly available to play on the Toad-2 at LCM, and I removed the
office hours check from the startup program years and years and year ago.

:-) :-) :-) :-) <-- for the humor-impaired.

                                                                Rich

P.S. There is also a copy of EMPIRE, though I think there's a problem under
the modern monitor.  Probably would work fine on a KS running 4.1.

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/