928 gig classic computer manuals looking for seeders I am going on vacation Ill see y'all Tuesday

Jason Scott jason at textfiles.com
Thu Feb 18 14:26:49 CST 2016

My apologies, it's not one bitter guy and one happy guy; it's two bitter
guys and one happy guy.

I spent 15 years assembling TEXTFILES.COM, many thousands of hours putting
that collection together, typing it from printouts, pulling it from old
floppies, making communications with donating cool people who had their own
BBS collections, then spent 4 years travelling throughout the US to meet
the people behind these textfiles, a good portion of whom have now died
with these their only interviews, and in the interim time the textfiles.com
stuff has been remixed, redone, and the documentary has been copied,
torrented, decontextualized and you name it. I'm pretty happy this history
wasn't lost. So I've got my own situation.

If you can tell me how http://textfiles.com/bitsavers/ is not a bitsavers
mirror, let me know, I'll fix it. I think I'm following all the rules there.

In fact, I even have a second one sitting because I haven't given it a good
hostname, but it works the same way:
http://teamarchive1.fnf.archive.org/bitsavers/

If you mean the Internet Archive mirroring of the material, obviously Al
(and yourself) are not happy with that thing. Unfortunately, I first heard
of this with Al blasting me on this very list, and then of course radio
silence. I offered to try to find amends, but when you lock someone out, I
guess that's how it's done.

And let me say, this is now YOUR first time bringing ANY of this up with
me, and I'll say again like I said to Al - let me know what the Internet
Archive collections need to do to make things right to you.