Solid state recommendations

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Mon Feb 8 17:59:04 CST 2016

On Feb 8, 2016, at 4:07 PM, Dave G4UGM <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:

> These seem popular:-
>
> http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD
>
> new version
>
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/inertialcomputing/m.html
>

> I have one, but I haven't used it yet.
>
> Dave

I’ve been using SCSI2SD over a year with Emulex UC07, native MV 3100, Nextstep/Openstep and Adaptec PC SCSI adapters.
Michael has been constantly improving the device and firmware.  He worked out some bugs that allowed me to use these under VMS 5.5-2; which was very picky about the scsimode settings on disks of that era. Well worth the investment, especially if you are constantly tinkering with your machines. Its async and doesn’t take advantage of
high speed microSD cards, but they outperform the real Seagate SCSI-2 Narrow 1-8GB drives I’ve compared them to.

Jerry WB9MRI