Programming

Dan K 100dashsix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 15:01:02 CST 2016

This reminds me that last year when MARCH (Mid-Atlantic Retro
Computing Hobbyists) restored a PDP-8 that had come from a high school
computing club, they dumped the magnetic core memory and found three
programs:

1. A program to dump memory contents to paper tape

2. Some common utilities for debugging

3. At address 200 there was a program that had a fatal bug in it, but
had the young high school programmer been successful in fixing it, it
would've printed out the string "COMPUTERS ARE SHIT."

-Dan