Virtualizing AIX 1.3 - WAS::::Re: AIX for IBM PS/2

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 02:23:27 CST 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Woyciesjes" <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>; <snhirsch at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: Virtualizing AIX 1.3 - WAS::::Re: AIX for IBM PS/2

> On 02/05/2016 05:40 PM, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>>> What are remarkable -- and *totally* wrong -- assumption to make.
>>
>>> Works fine on Google Chrome on Mac OS X, incidentally.
>>
>>> Google Sites are dynamically generated from a high-level markup the
>>> user enters in a special editor, AIUI. The fact that it is a Google
>>> product, a company that makes its own cross-platform browser and is a
>>> rival of Microsoft, makes the contention that it's a
>>> Microsoft-specific page ludicrous.
>>
>> I just love this list.  Sorry to have troubled you with my "remarkably
>> and totally wrong assumption" - won't happen again.
>>

> What? You're getting cranky because you got called out as being wrong?
> Relax buddy.

I think he was commenting on the unnecessarily rude and condescending tone that Liam and one or two others on this list like to use; was it really necessary or appropriate to call Steven's apparently mistaken diagnosis *totally* wrong and "ludicrous" (while not even bothering to proofread his own post ;-)

We may not all decide to unsubscribe but I can tell you that for some of us this kind of stuff really detracts from enjoyment of a list and our motivation to actively participate.

But I must concede that it's been a lot worse in the past; fortunately some of the worst offenders have also left the list over the years...