ISIS-II disks with PLM80 and ICE80 software.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:35:17 CST 2016

tisdag 2 februari 2016 skrev Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com>:

> If these are 52-sector 8" ISIS disks,

> Yes. Double sided. 26 sector per track. Double Density. 256 byte per
sector.

>  I can probably help with a bit of C code to extract files from the
> images.  Drop me a note and I'll pass it along.

Not really necessary. The files on those disks looked quite uninteresting.
It was just that curiosity that hit me when I was browsing through the
hexdump.  I now have concluded that the second disk is infact a disk for a
Tandberg TDV21xx machine. The TOS operating system is supposed to have
similarities to ISIS. The disk structure and the presence of files like
ISIS.DIR, ISIS.MAP etc among othes.

> Hasn't Al K already cataloged a lot of this stuff on bitsavers?

I have seen a lot of ISIS disks archived. But I didn't immediately find a
disk with PL/M 80 and ICE80. Maybe there is.