AIX for IBM system 370

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Feb 1 17:16:42 CST 2016

> On Feb 1, 2016, at 3:10 PM, devin davison <lyokoboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been messing with the Hercules emulator, and have really been
> wanting to take a look at ibm AIX, and get a working install on an emulated
> system 370. I have found no mention of install media or disk images of a
> working system for download online.
>
> Is there a good place to get the install media?

I’ve never seen a set.  It would have been released on 9-track tapes.

I used to work on AIX PS/2 which was a required companion product to AIX/370.

Good luck in finding media for AIX PS/2.  As far as I know, it was never released on
CDROM and the last version I had was ~53 3.5” floppies (long gone now unfortunately)
and *only* worked on specific PS/2 hardware (no BIOS — all drivers went straight
to the “metal”).

TTFN - Guy