ISIS-II disks with PLM80 and ICE80 software.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:33:37 CST 2016

While browsing various 8 inch floppies I have found a couple of disks that
seems to contain ISIS-II stuff.

I discovered a document specifying the format of the disk and managed to
extract the contents:

Disk1:
arbetsrumsdatorn:ISIS mattis_lind$ ls UNKN2
ATTRIB DSPERR ICE80.OV1 ISIS.LAB PLM80.OV0 PLMCOD.CSD
COPY EDIT ICE80.OV2 ISIS.MAP PLM80.OV1 PLMNOC.CSD
DELETE FORMAT ISIS.BIN ISIS.T0 PLM80.OV2 RENAME
DIR ICE80 ISIS.CLI PLM80 PLM80.OV3 SUBMIT
DSP ICE80.OV0 ISIS.DIR PLM80.LIB PLM80.OV4 SYSTEM.LIB

Disk2:
arbetsrumsdatorn:ISIS mattis_lind$ ls DISK2
ALIAS DEBUG EXEC LINK RELEAS TTY
ALLOC DELETE FORMAT MDUP REMAP TXT
ANALYZ DGEN FRAPP MEMDMP RENAME TXW
ASM DIR HEXBIN MOVE RESCUE XREF
ASSIGN DIRPAC INIT MYLOAD SEDIT
ATTRIB DROP ISIS.DIR O SYS
DCONVA DRSTC ISIS.ERR PAGE SYSTEM
DCOPY EDIT ISIS.LAB PROM T2
DDUMC ETX ISIS.MAP RASM TPGEN

If someone is interested in these I put them here:
http://www.datormuseum.se/documentation-software/isis-ii-floppy-disks

There were also a DSDD format on some disks which seemed a little bit
different. The ISIS.DIR used 32 byte entries rather than 16 byte entries
and the directory linkage block structure seemed to be different. I didn't
spend any time other than recognize the difference.

Is there any documentation that specify the various ISIS disk formats there
is?

/Mattis