Transporting an LGP-30

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 15:00:52 CST 2016

> On Dec 23, 2016, at 3:27 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
>
> One more thought.
>
> IIRC, there's quite a large motor that's used for the drum (mounted just
> below the drum).   That should be removed and shipped separately also.
> I cannot envision the carnage should that big hunk of iron break loose
> during shipping.

That sounds good if the motor spindle bearings aren't also positioning the drum spindle.  The equivalent is generally true for fixed head disks, I don't know what drums do.  Obviously if it's belt driven, or if the motor is mounted in flexible brackets, then that isn't an issue.

This goes back to the earlier discussion about not dismantling parts that are involved in precision alignment.

	paul