heavy stuff -- was: Anyone want an RK11-C manual?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Dec 17 09:29:36 CST 2016

    > From: Paul Koning

    > Disassembling the mechanics is quite another matter.  The spindle and
    > head actuator assemblies are precision mechanisms with very tight
    > tolerances and alignment requirements.

Oh, I wouldn't take out anything that would require precision realignment. (I
would certainly carefully read the entire maintenance manual before attempting
to lighten it by removing things.) But some could come out - e.g. if the
spindle drive motor uses a drive belt (many do), that would therefore be safe
to take out. And the power supplies - you might want them out anyway, to
recondition the caps, and check them out. Etc, etc.

	    Noel