AT IBM Industrial's for sale (Ebay warning)

jim stephens james.w.stephens at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:49:07 CST 2016

I've not laid hands on any yet, I ordered up 5  for stock.  I do know from
the friend I mentioned that the bus is a bit odd, but only that it is
faster in some timing than regular AT.  But regular ISA cards did fit.
These were in toll booths running printers, so may have been loud, no data
on that.

He does have the printers, and at one time the tickets were about the size
of Hollerith cards, but later they were reduced in size.  The tickets were
issued and timestamped, and at the time you exited, you were charged for
mileage, but they also did a measure of how fast you got thru the mileage,
and if it was too small, you got a ticket.

But there was some sort of machine coding / readable on it.

I think my friend said the line was part of what IBM called (calls) their
Data collection systems.

One of the google hits with the 7587 mentioned:

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-23778.html

I located the following on the 7587 specifically, and the other URL is
related to all IBM industrials.

http://ohlandl.ipv7.net/ic_files/ref7587.html

All Industrials:
http://ohlandl.ipv7.net/ic_files/refdisk_index.html

If someone has any other archived info, would be interesting to see if it
is somewhere that it will survive.
thanks
Jim