6800 CDAT memory diag help

Michael Holley swtpc6800 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 23:12:42 CDT 2016

Here is the instructions for memory tests, CDAT is on page 3.

http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/swtbug/MemoryDiagnostic.pdf

The CDAT memory diagnostic can be used to help locate memory problems in a SWTPC 6800 computer system that MEMCON and ROBIT may miss. The program itself resides entirely within the 128 byte SWTBUG® RAM. The program must be loaded in two parts to avoid interfering with the systems push down stack. The contiguous section of memory to be tested is set by loading the most significant byte of the lower memory address into A002, the least significant byte into A003, the most significant byte of the upper memory address in A004 and its least significant byte in A005. The low address must be less than or equal to the upper address. The test starts from the low address and writes a 00 into all memory up to the high address. An FF is then written into the first address and all other locations are checked to be sure they contain 00. If all are OK the FF is replaced with a 00 and an FF is written in the next memory location. This pattern continues until all memory is checked or an error is found. If the computer returns to SWTBUG®, then no errors were found.

       NAM    CDAT-2
     *MEM DIAGNOSTIC (JOHN CHRISTENSEN'S)
       *MODIFIED FOR MIKBUG AND SWTBUG OPERATION
 E0E3           CONTRL  EQU    $E0E3
A002                             ORG    $A002
A002           LOTEMP  RMB    2         STARTING ADDRESS
A004           HITEMP  RMB    2         ENDING ADDRESS

Michael Holley