Imaging and Emulating Rainbow

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:41:32 CDT 2016

Looking at

http://www.vaxarchive.org/hardware/mfm/index.html

the RD51 is a 10Mb Seagate ST412 disk with a DEC label on it. I think you
should therefore be able to image it with one of these:-

http://www.vaxarchive.org/hardware/mfm/index.html

Now I have two bare boards for these obtained at great expense because of
the Royal Mail charging me £8.00 (about $10.00) for collecting the VAT which
just about doubled the cost.
I also have a Beagle Board which is needed to run the thing, but I haven’t
obtained any of the other parts needed to build them, and I am not going to
get one built before (insert movable deadline)...
... perhaps we could get the bits an build one at Dec Legacy.. Assuming I
get there....

Dave Wade
EA7 KAE (& G4UGM)

Jarratt