HP 110 AC Adapter

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:56:04 CDT 2016

On 8/9/16 12:47 AM, Martin.Hepperle at MH-AeroTools.de wrote:
> Josh,
>
> for testing you can also remove the battery and connect a 6V DC power supply
> to the computer.
> Under the battery cover there is also a picofuse which may be blown if
> someone was tinkering with the machine before.
>
> The HP 110 is interesting if you want to play with HP-IL - it has some BIOS
> routines to control the HP-IL. The other remarkable thing is that he has
> MS-DOS in ROM and all data on RAM disks m(which is rather limited, though).
> Ideally you would also want a 9114 3-1/2" floppy disk drive for it.
>
> If the computer works, you can rebuild the battery pack.  The lead cells are
> still available e.g. under the name Hawker Enersys Cyclone 2V/2.5Ah. You can
> use 3 single cells (about 7$ each) and make them into a pack.
>
> Good luck
> Martin

Thanks (and thanks also to Rik for his input).  The appropriate adapter
is reasonably cheap on eBay ($20 with shipping) so I have one on its
way.  I've wanted an HP 110 for awhile (but never went out of my way to
get one) so this should be fun to play with.  And the 9114 drive that
came with it can also be used with my HP-75, so that'll be cool as well.

Thanks for the tips!
- Josh