SWTPC 6800

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Aug 9 14:09:06 CDT 2016

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016, Brad H wrote:
> I have a question though.. there have been a few times where I thought
> the 6800 crashed but may not have.  In several cases.. I sent a large
> loader file across and noticed errors coming through.. so I'd stop the
> machine.  This was after teraterm said it had sent everything through.
> Is it possible the serial port on my PC is still trying to send out
> garbage for a while, messing up my connection to the 6800 until it
> finishes?  I kept moving cards around but eventually it seemed to start
> working after so many powerups and time had passed..

Do have any ACTUAL handshaking in the connection, or is it all bypassed to
"go ahead, everything is ready, just send!"

If there is no FUNCTIONING handshake, then it could easily be as simple as
the sender sending next byte before the receiver is ready for it.

Try adding another stop bit to the terminal software.

Sent from my Samsung device