6800 memory addressing

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Sun Aug 7 07:55:35 CDT 2016

sorry for top post-- coming from Android thing.

you definitely do not want RAM at $8000 because it will collide with the I/O block that is decoded there.  If you have mp-b back plane as you stated then i/o occupies $8000 to $9fff and so RAM needs to start at $a000.

The modified mp-m is to make it decode at $a000 or above because the stock circuit decoded on 4k boundaries from $0000 to $7000 only.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist