SWTPC 6800

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Sat Aug 6 15:44:18 CDT 2016

Gahh!  So close!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4pq0-BHd2x6WVFiZHdyMHBlNW8&usp=shar
ing

The prompt is totally what should be appearing, at least initially.  But it
just keeps repeating itself over and over again and doesn't stop.

Notes:  I tried jumpering the DRC board to A000 properly this time, but no
dice.  So then I changed the jumper on the 'simple' MP-M board so that it
was A-0... plugged it in.. nothing.  Finally I took the second MP-M, with
all the fancy jumper wires and piggybacking nonsense.  Cannot tell how it is
jumpered or what for, but plugged it in.. boom!  Got that prompt.  Only one
problem.. it just endlessly repeats itself.  I can't type anything or stop
it.

Also, I'm using the MP-C board.  After I got that prompt I thought I'd
switch the MP-S in but.. nada.

I'm thinking (hoping) I've just got a wiring issue or something here that is
generating a continuous feedback loop.  But I don't know.  It could well be
that both the MP-C and MP-S are hooped.

But, that's definitely progress.

I'll post some high-res photos of the boards in that link asap.

Brad