SWTPC 6800

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Aug 5 14:40:19 CDT 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016, Chris Elmquist wrote:
> No.  ;-)

OK, that's TWO.
The rest of us are still struggling with our ignorance.

Your explanation of baud-rate and bit numbere/parity was excellent, and
would have really helpe me 37 years ago.
But, it would not have solved the hassles that I had then with
determining partial handshake connections, nor trying to connect an
external serial Votrax to a TRS80 Model2.  It wanted a connection on pin
22 (ring indicator)!  I did it for the Radio Shack Computer Store, in
their store.  In return for which, they gave me a copy of the Model2
Technical Reference.  Yes, I hung onto "Technical Reference" books even
for machines that I did not own.   I had access to more information than
I understood.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com