SWTPC 6800

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Fri Aug 5 11:55:08 CDT 2016

I'll answer by number here:

1) MP-S is in Slot 1, per instructions.

2) This MP-A board has been modified for both SWTBUG and Flex.  I noted the
traces that were cut and matched to both configs.

3) Ah, this may be part of my problem.  I don't quite understand memory
addressing yet.  The instructions said you needed RAM at A000 if the 6810
chip was disabled (which it appears to be, the correct trace is cut).  My
machine has 4 RAM boards.  2 are MPM, 2 are 16K DRC boards.  For whatever
reason, the DRC boards are config-ed to be first (0000-3FFF) and second
(4000-7FFF).   Trying to strip the machine down and have as little RAM as I
could get away with, I just installed the single board at 0000-3FFF.  These
boards are (thank god) socketed, so I have some means of testing and
removing RAM.  The MP-M boards are not socketed, so I don't want to mess
with those until I have to.  I could config the second DRC board for the
$Exxx-$Fxxx and shove it in there.