AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:06:41 CDT 2016

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Robert Jarratt wrote:
> It may be a checksum that is failing of course. Or the DROM itself,
> which I can't verify until I get the PLCC adapter for my PROM programmer
> and someone else to read their DROM.

Could you use a pull or replacement mobo ? I notice there are some
Alphastation mobos on ebay for @50 bucks if you are interested and not
averse to fleabay :-) There isn't as much specifically for the 200, but I
see them come and go all the time.

Also, I still deal with a lot of business clients running alphas and
Tru64. There is a guy in Thornton, Colorado who I get quite a few dead,
spare, and orphaned alphas from. It's an electronics supply type business.
I'll see him this weekend and I can ask him if he's got any spares or dead
mobos he could fork over.

Thanks,
  Swift