Avionics and amazing gear made by Tatjana (was Re: Data General Nova Star Trek Rockwell Collins vs. Vaisala SPT11A)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Apr 26 14:07:12 CDT 2016

On 04/26/2016 10:49 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

> That tube is interesting: it's the world's first integrated circuit.
> Yes, a hollow state integrated circuit.  I describe it that way
> because it is a complete subsystem (in this case, a complete 3 stage
> audio amplifier) rather than just something like a dual-triode tube
> where the connecting components are still external.

Reminds me of the time I got my hands on a 1940s 3A8GT - battery
pentode, triode, double diode in one envelope.  Not nearly as
interesting as the one in in the Dutch model, though.

What was the highest level of integration in a single envelope?  I seem
to recall that some of the European taxes were based on the number of
tubes in a radio, so there was a strong impetus to integrate.

--Chuck