Data General Nova Star Trek (Rockwell Collins vs. Vaisala SPT11A)

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Apr 26 11:41:47 CDT 2016

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Erik Baigar wrote:
>> Apart from Rolm mil-spec computers, my hobby is airborne vintage avionics
>> and I know that Ferranti tested their intertial navigations systems for
>> aircraft also by torturing them in a car driving around Edinburgh in
>> Scotland...

Erik is not the only one.  Check out Tatiana van Vark.
Here's a picture of what is in her DINING ROOM, the complete
electronics suite from a Vulcan bomber!

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-l2C8nYmCV0/SIZAyMatFFI/AAAAAAAAB24/0w-Lvf_4BtM/s400/vulc071s.jpg>

There's also a video of her picking up a Litton inertial
measuring unit and moving it around, there's 3 racks of gear
to support it.

Jon