strangest systems I've sent email from

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:38:34 CDT 2016

On 21 April 2016 at 18:11, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not saying everything was perfect in the 80's or 90's.  I mean, some
> CS professors in the 90's were teaching Oberon, LISP dialects, or
> Smalltalk. Then if you ever uttered the (completely true) phrase "not
> commercially viable" they'd launch into some diatribe about how these
> languages taught you some kind of special spiritual meta-programming
> that'd ultimately path the path for you to become some kind of code-God
> (like them?).

Wow. That is really remarkably narrow-minded and I'm not even slightly
surprised that you've had some strongly negative reactions already.

While I personally find Lisp to be unreadable, nonetheless, it's
enabled people to do some wholly remarkable things, and it certainly
seems to deserve all the plaudits it has received.

http://www.paulgraham.com/quotes.html

http://lispers.org/

Oberon "not commercially viable"? That's a remarkably foolish,
short-sighted and ignorant thing to say. Oberon is what Pascal grew up
into, and I think a million-odd Delphi programmers would have very
strong words with you that the Pascal family isn't commercially
viable.

And you do know what Apple MacOS was originally written in, don't you?