shell accounts [was RE: strangest systems I've sent email from]

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:48:47 CDT 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, Mike Stein wrote:
> What *is it* with the thin skins around here?

Mike, sorry if I came across as being overly defensive or thin-skinned.
I really don't want to step on toes, I'd rather just kick it with folks
who share my interests.  In retrospect, it might have been better if I
just didn't respond. Also, it's pretty likely that folks were just
expressing themselves and things went off the rails a bit. Email is weird
that way.

Sorry to all if I ruffled feathers. I'm not really that prickly, I just
felt I could try to move the conversation along even though I was skating
the edge of some potential vitriol, as long as I was polite enough. It
seems that I at least partially failed at doing that, Mike, since you
picked up on a bit too much negativity and defensiveness.

I'll turn down the amplifier a bit, and switch the station to easy
listening for a while.  :-)

-Swift