[OT] Alternatives to eBay

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Thu Apr 21 12:20:09 CDT 2016

> I've never seen a Craigslist ad that talked about shipping.  Really, it's
> local-only.

I’ve purchased quite a few computers from across the country via Craigslist.  Just be upfront with the seller and ask if they would be willing to ship.  I always specify “are you willing to drop this off at a FedEx or UPS store and have it packed and shipped at my expense”.  Make it as easy as possible on the seller.  1/2 of my inquiries go unanswered but 1/2 are willing to go to the trouble.  Another issue is payment.  Most Craigslisters don’t like Paypal so you do run some risk of having to send a check or money order.