Seeking immediate rescue of full-rack SGI ONYX near Northbrook, IL

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:50:25 CDT 2016

On 04/19/2016 11:22 AM, Ian Finder wrote:
> If we're rambling about SGIs now, my all time fav. is the Indigo 2 R1000
> Max Impact. You see one, and it looks normal enough, but when you pop that
> cover- there is so much logic packed into that box! It's one of the densest
> machines I've ever encountered...

Ditto. I do like mine. Extra TRAM option, 384MB of RAM, 2x4GB disks. It
gets a little toasty (but it's got the feet for standing it up on its side,
and I think that helps a little with the heat dissipation - plus it looks a
lot nicer! :-)

I'm not sure if there was a 'correct' display/keyboard/rodent setup on
those machines? Mine came with a white keyboard and mouse but granite
display, and I assume that they should really all be matched.

I still really need to find a purpose for it. Maya would be nice (and if I
remember right there's evidence that it was originally accessible from that
machine, but via a long-gone network drive), but I assume that period
versions are difficult to get hold of.

cheers

Jules