strangest systems I've sent email from

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:37:55 CDT 2016

Here's my top 3 weirdest devices I've ever sent email through, just for fun:

1. The AlphaSmart "Dana" which was a strange laptop-like device which ran
   PalmOS.  The email client was Eudora for PalmOS.

2. Sony eVilla BeIA appliance using some kind of (crappy) built-in mail
   application.

3. Sharp Wizard handheld organizer over a serial TTY connected to a 386/SX
   with optional math co-processor installed so it could run ...  Xenix.
   Logged in via simple built-in vt100 terminal app on the wizard at 2400
   BPS to the Unix box.  Used 'elm' to send the mail.

That Sharp Wizard was a helluva organizer for it's time.  The main feature
was that it takes AAA batteries and thus I was actually able to afford to
run the thing in college by getting rechargables.  It had a nice keyboard
and the display was readable in the sunlight, too.  No backlight, though.

-Swift