really old test equip

Sean Caron scaron at diablonet.net
Fri Apr 8 20:00:05 CDT 2016

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016, Cindy Croxton wrote:

> No sorry, I do not recall the manufacturer. Most of the boxes had grey
> pattern bases with black lids, but a few were brown pattern boxes with dark
> brown lids. Not very helpful, I know. I should have taken some pics!
>
> Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Actually somewhat helpful ;) We can probably rule out that they are Berry
test sets ... those usually came in blue ... there were a few other third
party vendors of trunk and station test sets ... names eluding me ... in
addition to Western Electric itself. If the units are a "battleship gray"
sort of color, that could suggest (though not guarantee) WECo manufacture.

Given a bit more identifying information or a picture, I'd be happy to
pass this along to a few phone collector lists that I'm on ... depending
on what it is and what it costs, there's a chance some people there could
be interested.

Best,

Sean