Why do good floppy disks go bad?

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Fri Apr 8 14:11:04 CDT 2016

Sorry, to a EE they are all epoxies, but:

"BINDER: A polymer such as polyester-polyurethane used to bind magnetic
particles together and adhere them to the base film in the manufacturing of
magnetic media."
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/Magnetic_Media_Terminology.pdf

"Polyester polyurethane is the workhorse of polyurethane films. It offers
excellent strength and long-term stability"
http://www.apiusa.com/polyesterpolyure.html

I think properly cured all binders used are pretty stable.

Tom