Space Travel (was Re: Data General Nova Star Trek)

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:51:22 CDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016, Pete Lancashire wrote:
> Star Trek was a quite common BASIC (game ?) program on at least the HP 2000
> time share systems, I've seen quite a few variations, on ran on RT-11.

That reminds me of the "Space Travel" game/sim that Ken Thompson wrote for
the first copy/iteration of Unix.

Did anyone ever actually run/see that? There are some screenshots online but
I'm curious how the original Unix on that old PDP was hitting a framebuffer.
I'm really curious to know how Ken & Dennis approched it, and how far off
from today's crazy graphics interfaces was it.

-Swift