Why do good floppy disks go bad?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 04:23:29 CDT 2016

"Try getting a replacement for one of those Lifetime vacuum tubes at Radio
Shack."

Beat me to it. I tried that twenty years ago (with a bad quartet of 7591s)
and needless to say, got nowhere. "We haven't sold those in years!" - as if
that makes any difference, in terms of the warranty?

Sure, I can appreciate their position, but still.. they _did_ garner a
premium price for those 'Lifetime' tubes with the fancy-dancy gold pins.

And IIRC, the warranty is "For the lifetime of the equipment in which the
tubes are originally installed". So it's not as if it's limited to either
the original owner or purchaser.

Sigh, the brilliance of "Huh?!??!" ;-)