The Right Way to Email - was Re: C & undefined behaviour - was Re: tumble under BSD

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 4 13:07:50 CDT 2016

On 04/04/2016 12:30 PM, Mike Stein wrote:

> [...]

	How so? Who reads an email message from the bottom up?

> obviously you and some others find the opposite
> and I try to respect that in my posts to this list (although I don't feel that
> my perspective gets much respect). They are personal preferences, and
> your spam reference is just one of the straw men that seem to invariably
> infest these discussions.
>
> Mainstream popularity is not just the much-maligned Windows on PCs,
> but also iOS and Android on smart phones and tablets, and the web-based
> email that you also disparage is often the only option; if you don't want to
> communicate with anyone using Gmail that is certainly your choice to make.
>
> As I said, although I don't share it I do respect your perspective which is
> presumably largely based on your particular choice of hard- and software;
> what I object to is your judgment that top-posting is "arrogant rudeness."

	It is arrogant rudeness when it is done in a place where everyone
expects inline or bottom posting. When someone is repeatedly & politely
asked to play along...

> It may not be the norm on this particular list, but if you were to periodically
> ask that everyone follow your 'standards' on any other list where top-posting,
> in-line posting, bottom-posting, flowed text and hard-wrapped text are all
> equally valid and accepted and don't elicit periodic chastisement, then that
> probably _would_ be considered to be "arrogant rudeness"...
>
> Potaytoes, potahtoes...

--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818
--- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech -http://certification.comptia.org/