What do members do for substitute monochrome monitors ?

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Mon Apr 4 09:07:18 CDT 2016

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, Pete Lancashire wrote:

> I'll soon be powering up a HP 9000/310 (98561-66525) but do not have an a
> single monochrome monitor.
>
> Suggestions ?

 I've had success with a NEC MultiSync LCD2090UXi monitor, which can be
configured on an input-by-input basis (at least for its analogue lines) to
render image in shades of grey, either by weighing RGB inputs in the usual
manner or solely from the green line.  I take it both separate sync and
composite signalling are supported although I have only used it with the
latter (EIA-343A i.e. 1V p-p analogue).  The LCD2190UXi does the same I'm
told, although I haven't used it myself.

 So if your system uses analogue signalling, then one of these might be
worth trying.  I can't help if your system uses TTL output.

 HTH,

  Maciej