Favorite Resolution && favorite monitor, sound, video, and capture (retro)

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Fri Apr 1 17:08:27 CDT 2016

On 01/04/2016 21:24, Swift Griggs wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2016, Pete Turnbull wrote:
>> Lots of 1280x1024 here.  4 of them on one machine :-)
>
> Whoa. What's the story there ? Are you using some specialized system or
> is just that they fit on your workspace well and you like multi-head?

The latter, really.  It started as a dual-head PC and the nearby third
monitor on an Indy got a KVM switch.  Then a while ago I snagged a 2-up
2-across stand and happened to have 4 matching Iiyamas that had cost me
nothing, so...  It's grown organically and a lot cheaper than buying one
really large hi-res display.  The two graphics cards can actually drive
three monitors each but that really would be OTT, and besides then I'd
probably have to actually /buy/ something.

It's useful when photo editing or doing anything "interesting" on the
network that needs a lot of windows.  The KVM is still there so
sometimes the top right is displaying the Indy desktop.

--
Pete