Favorite Resolution && favorite monitor, sound, video, and capture (retro)

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Fri Apr 1 14:43:47 CDT 2016

On 01/04/2016 17:07, Swift Griggs wrote:

> I was curious what folks liked? Since I mess with a lot of consoles and
> still occasionally play with the Amiga or MiST, I like to have the
> option to do composite video. Keep in mind is all geared toward retro
> users. I konw there is "better" gear than this, now.
>
> Favorite LCD Monitor line: NEC Multisync, Dell Ultrasharp

I have couple of NEC Multisync LCDs as well, and they're nice because
although they don't have a composite input as such they will handle the
frame rates from older home computers.

> Favorite CRT Monitor line: Iiyama (Sony Trinitron as a runner up)

Never had an Iiyama CRT, only their LCDs.  I have a couple of SGI-badged
Trinitrons for Indys and two Acorn-badged Philips(?) which I keep
because they're original for some of my machines and one also handles
some newer stuff while living on a KVM switch.

> Favorite Video Resolutions: 1280x1024 4:3 and 1280x720 (16:9)

Lots of 1280x1024 here.  4 of them on one machine :-)

I have a number of O2s - some with the "good" AV and some with the basic
version, three Indys, four (I think) Indigos - all with different
graphics options, and a full-rack Origin 2000 in my SGI collection.  Two
still in day-to-day use, too.   Not the Origin, though it does make a
good hair drier.

--
Pete