If you OCR, always archive the bitmaps too - Re: Regarding Manuals

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:38:11 CDT 2015

Easier said than done but a big data solution could be applied to ocr.
Eventually Google 's big data ocr tech will be made available open source
to read pdfs.  Until then high quality bitmaps are the logical way to scan,
if you ask me.  Eventually throw all docs into a big data lake and let them
churn in there until statistical ocr is applied, a superior approach vs
font pattern matching alone.

Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net