Multi-platform distribution format (Was: Backups [was

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Sep 21 00:39:03 CDT 2015

On 09/20/2015 08:48 PM, ben wrote:

> OS/9 was nice for the 6809 but all I had was 1 floppy with the COCO
> II. Ben.

Before I got a (dual) floppy drive with my personal system, I used a
Techtran dual cassette drive.  One side was read-write, the other was
read-only.    It was intended as a substitute for traditional paper tape
systems.  Really nice, with high-speed search, filemarks and
read-reverse.  Speeds to 9600 bps serial.  It had some fairly
sophisticated command support--you could do an entire tape or just a
file copy with a single command.

I wrote my own operating system of a sort for it and got a lot of work
done until I got my floppies going (I used Don Tarbell's controller,
which I still have).

--Chuck