ISO 800-3827-10A_SunOS_Reference_Manual, part one

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Sep 19 12:44:28 CDT 2015

On 9/19/15 10:34 AM, Josh Dersch wrote:

> I also have a ton of stuff for 3.0, I'll see if there's anything I have that isn't already on Bitsavers.

I'm working through 3.0, 4.0, and 4.1.1 this morning.

2.x would be good to scan.

Is the KV-S3065W working OK? I still need to write you with my workflow, though it is a bit baroque. I like
to use an ancient scanning app written for W98 and ISIS drivers because of the way that it names the resulting
pages, tumble to create the pdf, then Acrobat Pro 9 to OCR.

You'll find the color dropout handy if you ever have to deal with a document that someone took highlighter to.

Getting good results at 600dpi can be tricky since it the sensors seem to be noisy doing B&W. I have the service
manual and the service app, but have never tried adjusting the levels on the contact image sensors.

About the only thing that wears out are the rollers and the clear plastic covers over the CISs (they get scratched).
I've run literally millions of pages through them. The rollers are expensive ($300 for a kit).
The retard roller (PJDRC0054Y) wears down first, that is about $100.