Is tape dead?

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Tue Sep 15 16:05:37 CDT 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Mouse wrote:

> I think the language is less important than what the code is doing.
>
> I can scribble out hundreds of lines a day when it's boilerplate or
> just a mechanical transcription of a well-burnt-in algorithm, but can
> easily drop down to the single-digit range when I'm struggling with a
> difficult problem.  Nor do I have any reason to think I'm unusual in
> any respect here.

Exactly!  I remember that when I was young and foolish (now I am old and
stupid) I dismissed that kind of number but it is not far wrong, I think
the administative overhead is just as significant as the endless time spent
searching for errors and typos or the time consumed discovering how to do
something new and completely differant.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn