Is tape dead?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Sep 15 12:49:56 CDT 2015

>> Ever heard of CRYPTOWALL ?  I think that I got it from looking at
>> PDFs on the web while doing some research.  [...]

I trust you've now switched PDF viewers to one that doesn't
gratuitously execute (attempts at) live content?

> Sounds like Cryptolocker.  Even the police paid the ransom to get
> their data back.

If the police needed to even _consider_ doing that, they need to fire
whoever decided they didn't need proper backups.  (And whoever was
responsible for the mistake that got it running there to begin with,
either whoever decided to let it run or whoever decided to use tools
that would let it run, depending.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org