internet blocking problem ?

ANDY HOLT andy.holt at tesco.net
Fri Sep 11 08:55:47 CDT 2015

* Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com> [150910 21:32]:
[..SNIP..]
> So, I wonder if I can ask classiccmp members, especially in
> the US, to check if they can view this page:
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~daveb/simplex/simplex.html
>
> This is David Brooks' homebuilt 16-bit CPU.
>
> Please send me the results of your test, no matter whether
> it works or DOESN'T work, I am looking for statistics on how
> much of the US is being blocked.  Also, let me know where
> you are.  I am assuming this is only a problem in the US,
> but that is not guaranteed.  I also am not able to make
> email contact with David Brooks, so it seems email is ALSO
> being blocked.
[..SNIP..]

No problem from my address in UK (Essex)

Have you tried any of the (many) proxy servers such as anonymouse.org
or tried using tor.

anonymouse used to be able to get to pirate bay before the ".se" url got killed
don't need it for the current (".mn") incarnation but I still keep a collection of proxy server urls in my bookmarks "just in case!"

Andy