internet blocking problem ?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Sep 10 21:58:26 CDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 06:32 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I am a member of the Homebuilt CPU web-ring, and a really weird
> problem has turned up.  The guy who administers the ring, David
> Brooks, is in Australia, and uses iinet.net.au as his ISP.  All
> members of the web ring link to his personal web pages at iinet.
> Apparently, due to government censorship or a private war between
> iinet and US content providers, iinet or Australia are blocking
> access from at least some sites in the US.  So, from my work or home
> (totally different IPs) I cannot access ANY personal pages at iinet,
> but a few general help pages there can be accessed.  As far as I can
> tell, nobody else in the world is being affected.

Works from western US just fine.

Have you considered using a proxy server?  Some may frown on it, but
that's how I've had to access some blocked sites, such as the Olympics
reporting on the Beeb. (Just find a UK anonymous proxy and you're good).

There are lists of proxies on the net that are continuously updated.

FWIW,
Chuck