internet blocking problem ?

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Thu Sep 10 21:54:33 CDT 2015

On 9/10/2015 7:32 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I am a member of the Homebuilt CPU web-ring, and a really weird problem
> has turned up.  The guy who administers the ring, David Brooks, is in
> Australia, and uses iinet.net.au as his ISP.  All members of the web
> ring link to his personal web pages at iinet. Apparently, due to
> government censorship or a private war between iinet and US content
> providers, iinet or Australia are blocking access from at least some
> sites in the US.  So, from my work or home (totally different IPs) I
> cannot access ANY personal pages at iinet, but a few general help pages
> there can be accessed.  As far as I can tell, nobody else in the world
> is being affected.

Well it does not work in CANADA as of today.
It was working about a month ago, as I am designing a 8 bit cpu
on the DE1 FPGA PCB, and I was looking for ideas.
Can one get all the web pages mirrored, I hate this loss information
with the net.
Ben.
PS. Your site is fine, The Down Under sites are well DOWN and under.
Thinking about it the PDP 11 was strange beast, as having both character
and floating point data, even with split I&D you had way too small of
memory.A simple 32 bit machine could have been a better option. Mind you
the 11 was designed before 4K dram hit the market.
I have a nice 32 bit design but I want to get this 8 bit cpu working
first. Any one knows what modern C compiler will compile Tiny C version
1.0? Man with a CPU and no software.