DEC Alpha 3000 Model 600

Huw Davies huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Tue Sep 8 03:58:48 CDT 2015

I don’t have access to the same resources I used to, but a bell ringing in my head says that V8.3 might have been supported on the 3000/400 as an upgrade but not as an original install.

ISTR that the problem was running out of space on the CD to support booting older systems.

As I said, this comes from memory so I could well be wrong…

Huw

Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"