Problem with RF73 DSSI disk

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Sat Sep 5 16:24:18 CDT 2015

tony duell wrote:

> > > As a bystander, I would much rather see silence than some forty or
> > > fifty "sorry, don't know anything about that" responses flooding the
> > > list after every request for help.
> >
> > I couldn't agree more, Mouse!  lol.
>
> \begin{aolmode}
>
> Me too
>
> \end{aolmode}
>
> Nobody here knows everything, and for everyone (or even all the regulars) to
> say 'I don't know' every time is going to make the list unusable fast.
>
> > Holm, dude!   I'm not speaking for
> > others, of course, but it is bothersome
> > *to me* when someone posts to this list
> > (or any other helpful list) with an air
> > of entitlement and expectation that
> > people are going to *immediately*
> > provide *insane amounts* of spot-on
> > support for whatever their problem is
> > (no matter how esoteric), or even
> > respond at all.      All responses are
> > voluntary -- and we should all be
> > gracious and thankful for *anything we
> > get*.. and certainly not disparage the
> > list if we get nothing.
>
> There is one, and only one, way of ensuring I give a reply. And that is to
> pay my consultancy rates (which are not cheap!). I suspect the same applies
> to others here.
>
> If I agree to do a piece of work for you, and you pay me, then of course I will
> do it to the best of my ability. That is what you are paying for. But note also
> that I have to agree to do it. In this case I would not do so. Not for any
> personal reasons but because I know nothing about DSSI disks or the RF73,
> I have no manuals on them, I have no way of getting such manuals, My VAX
> has an R80 drive, my PDP11s have RK05s, RK07s and RL's. Ask about those and
> I might be able to help.
>
> > Nothing is OWED to ANYONE.
>
> My experience of this list is that people will go out of their way to help each
> other. But only if they can.
>
> I think a reasonable conclusion is that nobody has any service information on the
> RF73. It's a pity, and I would love to be proved wrong, but...
>
> -tony

Is there someone left that has to say something me that isn't helpful
but annoying to me?
If yes, please use this thread stub here.
My consulting rates are approx 80 Euros/hour + VAT, may be cheap, but I give me
answers for free exactly here.

Regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741