Tu10 pdp11

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:54:02 CDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 6:14 PM, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading docs on DEC TU10 for pdp 11 one makes a serial connection, right?
> Not sure because I found little about baud, etc.

No.

> I did not see any definitive controller card for UNIBUS pdp 11.  Maybe I am
> missing something..can anyone share experiences?

A TU10 master drive contains electronics[*] which allows it to be
interfaced to a PDP-11 TM11 tape control. Said electronics is probably
what's known as a formatter, though I haven't studied the TU10 in
detail so I'm not 100% certain.

A master TU10 can be used with up to seven TU10, TU20, TU30, or TU40
slave transports.

The TM11 controller has its own backplane, and may be mounted in the
TU10 master drive. It connects to PDP-11 using the usual BC11-A Unibus
cables.