no, not retrobrite

Connor Krukosky connork at connorsdomain.com
Fri Sep 4 17:49:45 CDT 2015

On 9/4/2015 6:30 PM, Jay West wrote:

> The Dasher TP1 is much more of a hard-luck case, and I just finished
> cleaning the top of the top chassis. I did not clean the bottom chassis or
> stand or insides yet, so you can see a good comparison of the cleaned top
> half and the untouched bottom half. 7 pictures (unfortunately newest to
> oldest) are at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131070638@N02
>

> No, there's no retrobrite involved. Just a normal spray on household
> cleaner, followed by Magic Eraser and a lot of elbow grease. Yep, Magic
> Eraser is a wonderful thing.

Wow, I knew plastics could hold quite a bit of grime in the making them
looked yellow but that is impressive!
Keep up the great work! Your really getting me excited about the DG Nova
4 I have to pick up soon.
But that's an 18 hour trip up to Minnesota for a very long weekend in a
few weeks ;)
The system I'm getting is a whole rack with a Disk Pack drive (of which
model I am unsure, I'm hoping its the model with a fixed platter in the
bottom as-well but probably unlikely).
It appears to have two packs with it and some documentation and that's
it. So I'm really hoping it has data on the disk packs still since there
is no other media interfaces like a tape drive or paper tape reader or
anything so if there is nothing on the disks or worse there was a head
crash I will be out of luck.

Good luck with your DG equipment! Those two eclipse systems with the
blinken-lights and switches are truly beautiful :)
I, as-well as everyone else I'm sure, can't wait to see them running!

-Connor Krukosky