Know any Fortran programmers who need a more interesting job?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:39:15 CDT 2015

I work in scientific computing and occasionally still see FORTRAN codes
around. Not totally dead yet ... You'd be surprised how many, say, R
libraries are written in FORTRAN ...

What concerns me is the amount of code these days that is being written in
languages that has no formal standard at all. Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, the
list goes on ... I wonder how much of it will still be useful in ten or
fifteen years.

Best,

Sean