PDP 8 panels. Feedback

rod rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 27 04:08:16 CDT 2015

Hi
    Yes clamp it down. I have a pillar drill and that has a table that
the workpiece can be clamped to.
This means they are at right angles to each other. So the drill bit
works as designed.
Sharpen or replace drill bits if they get worn.
Next start small and work up in drill size. There are tables for speed,
feed, size of drill and type of material.
As my old school metalwork master would say "more speed less feed".
Whilst you may not be able to judge feed rate because it involves time.
Slower feed is better.

Rod